| Found Here
One of the most stressful and tiring weeks I’ve had in a while.. I have had constant anxiety over recent events on top of the crazy last few weeks before I graduate and everything else I need to do. I need to relax and remember to breathe.
Today I was craving something that tastes fresh and light and instantly remembered making this salad last summer and loving it. The sweetness of the honeydew mixed with the tart greek yogurt and a kick of jalapeno really makes this a salad to remember.
I highly suggest this as a quick summer snack or the perfect plate to bring to an upcoming barbecue. Recently I have been trying to eat healthier and this salad is a great healthy and filling alternative (just go easy on the salt!)
Fresh Cucumber Salad:
1 English Cucumber (Peeled & Diced)
1/4 Honeydew Melon (Diced)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Cups of Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1/4 Red Onion (Chopped)
1 Small Jalapeno (Seeded and Minced)
1. Put Diced Cucumber & Melon into a Strainer over a bowl
2. Lightly Salt & Mix Melon & Cucumber
3.Let Sit for 5 Mins
4. Meanwhile chop Onion and Jalapeno
5. Put Onion, Jalapeno and Greek Yogurt in a Large Serving Bowl
6. Thoroughly Squeeze out any excess Juice from Cucumber Mixture
7. Add Cucumber Mixture to Serving Bowl
8. Stir Mixture Together, Cover and Refrigerate for 1 Hour
9. Serve & Enjoy!
For the next two weeks things are getting crazy with all the final projects that are due and boxes that need to be packed.. But all thats on my mind right now is spending time with my best friends and relaxing all day at the beach..
14 more days!